Registration, abstract submission & student bursaries
- Oral: 15 min presentation, 5 min questions
- Poster format: A0 portrait, 841mm x 1189 mm
Deadline (late) registration is August, 31 2018
Deadline for abstract submissions was 15 May 2018 (Deadline abstract submission applicants student bursaries 15 March 2018)
Follow the suggested procedure in this link for your online registration. (Deadline early
registration was 15 May 2018)
Please write your abstract as in the example you can find here, including author details, presentation and topic category. Limit the body text to 300 words. Use exactly the same format as in the example. Then send it (file name: topic_name) to email@example.com
Choose topic from the following list:
· Systematics (Taxonomy, Morphology, Phylogeny, Barcoding)
· Biocontrol (including EPN)
· Plant-nematode interactions
· Animal parasites
· Model organisms
· Other (none of the above)
ESN Bursaries for student members
Deadline abstract submission applicants student bursaries 15 March 2018
The ESN is delighted to announce that bursaries of 500€ for European delegates and 800€ for overseas delegates are available, on a competitive basis, to student members of the Society to assist in their attending to the 33rd International Symposium of Nematology in Ghent, Belgium (9-13 September 2018).
Criteria for application:
- The call is open to all PhD students, except student in the first year (ie your PhD must have started before 15th march 2017).
- Applicants should be a member of the ESN at the time of application and still be a member at the time of the congress/symposium (*).
- Student needs to present an oral presentation or a poster at the congress/symposium
- Applicants institution should not be in the Symposium organizing country, but exceptions will be considered when the applicants institution is far from the symposium venue (at least 200 km away).
An application form is available here. The completed form should be submitted to the Secretary (Eric Grenier) before 15th March 2018. Successful bursars will be required to give an oral presentation or to present a poster at the ESN Symposium (selection for oral presentations will remain in the hands of the Symposium scientific committee).
The ESN Governing Board will select the successful bursars on the basis of the scientific impact of the student’s research findings.
(*) Memberships only costs 20 € / year, you can join online